White’s Hotels is aware that its business activities impact upon the environment and is committed to ensuring these activities have the least possible detrimental effect. A large number of our family hotels are situated in the Burren, Co.Clare, since 2019 Whites are active members of B.E.N ( Burren Ecotourism Network ). Whites are committed to taking the steps necessary to having a greener Ireland.
B.E.N. has three specific aims:
- The development of a self-sustaining ecotourism network of accredited Burren businesses with a Burren ecotourism brand
- The promotion of the Burren as an accredited ecotourism destination.
- The provision of continued training, mentoring and accreditation in ecotourism for businesses interested in joining the network.
We are committed to:
- Assessing the environmental impacts of our operations, continuously seeking to reduce our carbon footprint and improving our resource efficiency through reduction of energy, water use and waste
- Promoting environmental and energy awareness in our employees through participation and training
- Working with our customers to make more environmentally sensitive choices
- Monitoring our progress to ensure ongoing improvements in our environmental performance
- Carefully monitor our Waste Disposal and aim to minimise the quantity of waste going to landfill.
- Keep purchases where possible with local producers.
- Eliminating as much single use plastic as possible within our property.
We encourage our guests to:
- Take public transport where possible, cycle or walk where possible particularly around the Burren countryside.
- Reuse your towels
- Turn off lights and electronic when leaving their rooms.
- Use our water refill station instead of buying plastic water bottles.
- Close bedroom windows if you turn the heat on.
- Leave no trace when sightseeing, pick up your litter and do not pick any wild flowers.
- Respect the Burren’s & Irelands Wildlife and do not interfere with it when sightseeing.
Find out more about the Burren & Cliffs of Moher Geopark – Go to Website
Find out more about Burren Ecotourism – Go to Website